"Take nothing only literally." Thomas Moore
Take nothing only literally. Everything fades into image and poetics and speaks to the soul. Everything is layered and resonant.— Thomas Moore (@thomasmooreSoul) April 23, 2017
Under today's tweet on Facebook, Moore adds, "I think that for most people this key principle has to be taught. Many books and teachers gave it to me step by step." Someone asks, "Which books are you referring to?"
Five books that Moore has recommended for soul and poetics are:
1. Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu, translated by Gia-Fu Feng and Jane English, or by David Hinton.
2. Memories, Dreams, Reflections by by C. G. Jung and Aniela Jaffe.
3. The Dream and the Underworld by James Hillman.
4. Echo's Subtle Body by Patricia Berry.
5. Love's Body by Norman O. Brown.